(National Highway Authority of India) vide Office Memorandum dated 21-07-2016
Mobile LiDAR Technology for Land Plan Survey
- ‘Leica Pegasus Two’ LiDAR System can be effectively used for ‘Land Plan Survey’ projects to ascertain the Government Land Width, required under Highway administration act.
- Mobile LiDAR is used in Land Plan Surveys for accurately mapping all the existing features and utilities (point, line & polygon) along the highways.
- The Leica ‘Pegasus Two’ mobile LiDAR System can capture :
- ‘3D Scan point cloud data’ in 360 degrees : (using Z+F 9012 profiler).
- ‘High Resolution photographs’ in all directions. (using CCD Cameras).
- ‘Trajectory file’ / position information, (using GNSS Receivers).
‘3D Scan point cloud data’ captured by using Mobile LiDAR ‘Leica Pegasus Two’
‘High Resolution Photographs’ captured using Mobile LiDAR ‘Leica Pegasus Two’
‘Trajectory file’ generated using Mobile LiDAR ‘Leica Pegasus Two’
- This process is extremely fast as compared to the primitive Total Station method of Survey. Example : One Total Station team can survey about 1.5 to 2 Km length of 2 lane highway with 60m corridor in one day. Whereas one team of Mobile LiDAR can survey about 80 Km of 2 lane highway with 150m corridor (75m on either side) in one day.
- Missing details, omissions and repeat work is avoided using Mobile LiDAR technology, since complete scanning of site along with the photographs is taken simultaneously.
- Overall accuracy of the data obtained by Mobile LiDAR is upto 5 cm which is high precise and hence LiDAR technology has been made mandatory by NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) vide Office Memorandum dated 21-07-2016.
Revenue Record Collection & Authentication from Land Records Department
- Required revenue records along the highways are collected from the concerned Land Records Department.
- These records are digitized, processed & converted from raster format to vector, so that they are free from errors.
- These records are then superimposed accurately on to the LiDAR Survey drawings so that the Land Plan Survey sheets are prepared.
- These Land Plan Survey sheets are verified & authenticated from the Concerned Land Record Authorities with signature and seal on each sheet.
- Based on these final authenticated Land Plan sheets the list of encroachments along the highway are prepared and submitted for further action.
The Pegasus system captures dense 3D point cloud data with calibrated imagery and enables processing, visualization and mapping through user-friendly software platform “Way Point Inertial Explorer, Leica Auto PP & Leica Map Factory Advanced”. Further, after post processing & feature extraction of the 3D point cloud data, output in desired format like Autocad *.dwg or Arc GIS *.shp files can be obtained. The further deliveries also include the cross section in *.csv and *.dxf format of bare earth, DTM / TIN, Contours, 360 degrees panoramic views of the entire highway corridor.
Sample Land Plan Survey sheet showing the available Government Land Width
Sample Encroachment List along the State Highway obtained from Land Plan Survey
Sample Land Plan Survey sheet of State Highway SH 141 in Belgavi, Karnataka.
Other Additional Works after Land Plan Survey - Pillar fixing on ROW boundary
- Since the Land Plan Survey, does not include the fixing of pillars on the ROW boundary, this item has to be separately executed after completion of the Land Plan Surveys.
- Demarcation / Stake out Survey has to be again carried out using the state of the art, DGPS RTK technology or equivalent.
- The exact boundary pillar positions on the ROW boundary authenticated in the Land Plan Surveys, on both sides of the highway has to be marked up to 5 cm accuracy and pillars fixed as per specifications.